Outdoor building features or designs are becoming very popular, with many opting to taka DIY approach with readymade kits. Depending on the region these structures are sometimes called as tea houses, summerhouses, pavilions, alhambra and rotundas to name a few. Their popularity has prompted many construction or design firms offering customised solutions and guidance in their construction. The structures are considered as aesthetic and functional permanent additions and temporary fixtures used for functions such as wedding as well. Here are some tips to consider in planning your own.
- Purpose : when planning to have a outdoor tea house or summerhouse it is better to give some thought as to what your primary purpose would be, is it to entertain guests or may be as a private get -away to relax and spend some alone time . These will determine the size and location you would place the http://balihut.com.au/colorbond-gazebos/ in.
- DIY or readymade: the readymade gazebo kits are very popular due to their easy installation and set up. Therefore if you have sufficient experience in doing heavy construction and work around the house, you may consider the DIY option. Also another factor to consider is having the tools to put the prefabricated sections together. If these are not available then hiring a professional would be most suitable.
- Location: depending on the size of the property, you can either have the placement closer to your home or even a few phases away. This is important if you want to create a secluded place to relax away from chores. But if it is for entertainment purposes, then best is to have it close to the main property.
- Materials: since the structure is meant to be outdoors, you need to select material that would last through different weather conditions. A quality supplier would provide treated wood or metal that would prevent decay or rust for many years to come. Think of the roofing material that you plan to use as well. Some common options are wooden shingles, asphalt and tile.
- Document: mutually agreed phrases should include all details that have been agreed upon, from payment, completion dates to even subcontract work that may be required. Avoid having verbal agreements and making decision based on good will alone as these can be detrimental the whole project and your relationship with the contractors as well.
- Contractor experience: some constructions will require local authority approval and even additional payment. An experienced contractor who knows about gazebo building will know how to handle such issues of gaining permission and how to construct it within the proper regulations. Therefore hiring someone with experience is important.
These are some of the more important factors that you must consider before investing in a project for an outdoor structure such as a rotunda or pergola. For more information, please click here.